Kootenay Teen Book Club
We are continuing the Kootenay Teen Book Club September 2021 – April 2022. We have made a few changes this year.
- The meetings will be on the last Tuesday of each month at 5:30-7 Pacific time, 6:30-8 Mtn time. We moved it a little earlier based on feedback.
- We are going to do registration through zoom. You can share this link widely as it just goes to the registration page – it is not the link to the zoom event.
- The books we have chosen will hopefully be more consistently for a younger teen (ages 11-14).
- We are trying to engage those who read the book but don’t want to be on zoom, by including a handout with the book. The handout will have discussion questions and a list of read alikes.
- Each month we will offer an idea for a take home bookish craft kit – this is a supplemental option if your library wants to engage with the non-zoomers.
- Each month we will have a Fan Art contest based on the book as another way to engage with non-zoomers. Participants can draw their favourite characters or write a fan art story or poem. We will have a draw for a prize each month.
- To access posters, social media posts, downloadables, go the KLF website. All information about KTBC will be there each month from now on.
The Fall line-up
September 28, 5:30pm-7pm Pacific
Susin Nielsen – No Fixed Address
Click here: No Fixed Address Discussion Questions
October 28, 5:30pm-7pm Pacific
Marthe Jocelyn – Aggie Morton Mystery Queen: The Body Under the Piano
November 30, 5:30-7:00pm Pacific
Kiku Hughes – Displacement
Book club Sets available
Airborne – 2 sets of 10
Surviving the City – 3 sets of 10
Study in Charlotte – 1 set of 10
Restart – 2 sets of 10
Tinfoil Sky – 1 sets of 10
If your library wants to host one of these book club sets, please contact Melodie Rae (email@example.com) and she will pop it in the mail for you. These books have been purchased by the KLF for past KTBC events.